Best Recurve Bow-2018-Buyer Guide
Yet another bow designed by Samick, it is essentially the upgraded version of the Sage. SWA Spyder has also been referred to as the Sage 2 by enthusiasts. This hunting recurvebow is also 62 inches long and it features a 1-year manufacturer warranty that is covered by SouthWest Archery USA.
Unlike the former, this model streamlines some important upgrades such as smoothened edges on the riser for a more comfortable grip, lighter weight, and a more comfortable hunting experience.
A layer of redwood, which is mainly found in high end recurves, makes this bow a great value for the price. The limbs continue to feature reinforced limb tips and still support premium strings like FastFlight.
Yet again, a 3 piece takedown design allows efficient storage and travel. The bow comes along with an Allen wrench to assemble the limbs with the riser. Just like the Sage, you still get an arrow rest and a premium string.
But perhaps the real USP is the warranty provided by a local company for all the U.S. residents.
However, it may not be as easy to string as the original Sage. You will need a stringer every time you want to take the string on and off the bow. Luckily, the one available at Amazon gives you an option to buy a stringer along with it (Click here for current price).
Features Of This Bow
- It is also available in both hand orientations and the draw weight options from 20 to 60 lbs.
- SouthWest Archery has made it easier for hunters to decide with an optional ready to shoot package that includes the bow itself with the string, a stringer tool, three premium carbon arrows, a hard case, and an armguard. You will find the link to the kit somewhere in the product description.
- So far, there have quite literally been no unsatisfied customers who would’ve come forward and said that the bow or the manufacturer did not meet their requirements and/or expectations. That, in itself, says a lot about its quality and the level of service provided by the SWA.
- If you are a compound or Crossbow archer who is looking forward to making a transition to traditional recurves, your experience with the “Sage 2” will be pleasurable and effortless.
- It also works as a very effective step up (or upgrade) bow to the Samick Sage, making it a professional best recurve bow for hunting.
Because as a best recurve bow for hunting, that’s what the Jaguar is. Essentially, it is a crossbow that integrates the recurve technique. It has a draw weight of 175 pounds which means that as far as your eyes can see it will shoot a straight arrow with speeds up to 245 feet per second, which is pretty impressive.
The materials used on this bow are also top-class. The limbs are made up of compression molded fiberglass and the stock is made out of reinforced composite. It’s available in two different colors targeted specifically towards the hunting niche: Camouflage and Wood.
Features Of This Bow
- With a built-in quiver that can hold up to 4 arrows, four 16-inch Aluminum arrows, and a decent pre-installed 3-Dot targeting scope, this heavy duty hunting crossbow is a complete package.
- The design of this mean-hunting-machine is equipped with a safety cocking mechanism so you do not miss the surprising lung/head shot (Since it can be a little tough to pull the string back with 175 lbs.
- Draw weight). It also features a weaver rail for you to mount any additional accessories (like a sight aid).
- The bow looks and feels very modern and classy.
- This work of art has been heavily regarded as super accurate among fans and newbie hunters.
- A great aid is the tube of wax that comes with it.
- You can use it to wax both the string and the rail.
Compared to the best recurve bows for hunting, compound bows offer the advantage of shooting straighter and faster arrows. That is exactly what this bow aims to (and does) achieve by fusing the crossbow and compound bow designs. 150 lbs.
Draw weight is still quite a lot compared to SAS Jaguar. Despite its slightly lower draw weight, the shot speed is astoundingly fast. The bolts are let loose at high speeds of up to 325 feet per second. The dimensions of the bow are 33 X 22 inches and the total weight is about 7.65 lbs. Apart from the bow, it also has a pre-installed quiver fit to hold four arrows, four pieces of 20-inch arrows (fit for its size, unlike the former),a bottle of flight rail lube, and cocking rope. Order one, set up your targets and start shooting the day you receive it.
The color of this model is green camouflage; again, perfect for stalking and hunting. Entire power stroke pull is 14.5 inches. At this point, a cocking rope comes in real handy. The trigger is smooth to operate with a pull weight of 5 lbs. We called the previous bow a complete package which makes this one a complete kit.
- It is really important to have an anti-dry-fire mechanism on any compound bow. One dry fire and the bow can easily get trashed.
- The Leader Accessories Hunting Crossbow has one pre-installed and you won’t have to worry about running dry while practicing or hunting.
- The aluminum 4 X 32 scope installed on this compound crossbow is very well-placed and is accurate with targeting.
- Leader Accessories also allows you to upgrade to a scope of your choice with a package discount if you order it along with the bow.
- The experience of Leader Accessories shows in their product.
- They have been dedicated to manufacturing quality outdoor leisure products since last 30 years.
We went Exclusive once again. Apparently, the editor at our office loves hunting. And does that with only with handmade bows. He owns nine of them and the Buffalo Horsebow is his absolute favorite. Although we won’t be quoting his biased opinions here, we still would like to mention that it isn’t for his persuasion that this bow is featured on our list. We tested the bow and it was pretty awesome in all our tests. The one we got a chance to test was 65 lbs.
draw weight (it’s available in a range of 30 – 65 lbs.) and the idea of having 65 lbs. for under $125 was just mindboggling to us. We expected a mediocre experience but the draw was so smooth that most of us could easily pull it back to about 32 inches. Crazy specs for a handmade bow, right? Well, that’s not all. If you go to the exclusive sales page and look at how beautifully it has been crafted, you will fall in love with it.
If only you could see it in person, if only you could touch it once, you would never want to let go. It is undoubtedly the most beautiful professional best recurve bow for hunting purpose. More value is added to it by its ambidextrous design and equally good target shooting accuracy – Just to prove that Buffalo gives you two target papers for free. An arrow rest is also included and it has a very elegant looking red cobra snakeskin covering the limbs.
- It might fool you for a fragile one from a distance (maybe because of its beauty), but make no mistakes
- This bow was designed to hunt down large animals and you can feel the durability with every shot.
- Balance is another feature that makes this bow unique and adds to the value proposition.
- Buffalo claims that their designs have been adopted from Old master, who studied the art of handmade bows for more than 30 years.
- You can also procure Shiraki, Carbon steel, and bamboo arrows from the supplier.
- It’s a traditional handmade bow, so if you’re going to buy this, expect tiny chromatic influence.
- And, you will have to buy an arm-guard and gloves if you don’t already own any.
On our review chart, this bow scores a “Highly recommended”. Even though you’re not going to use it, if you’re a hunter, you’re going to want this in your collection. Read OwrBuying Guide.